Thread: Kingfisher IV

Hybrid View

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Steve for your feedback ... would agree that it might be not the hottest BKG on planet earth and the dark blotches are less than ideal , my fault , should have addressed that in post . The blues in the snow ... well matter of taste ... but could easily addressed , I was thinking about to make it more neutral but let them in for the time being . The smooth BKG is natural ....

That said , I would disagree to bin the image ... the BKG does not break the image IMHO and the perch is completely natural and not arranged as at a set up , so definitely no point for . It is by nature a totally different way of shooting kingfishers .... and making the possible best out of it is key here and not comparable to set up shooting . You as a neutral viewer see it differently , fair enough . I have even more images with even busier natural settings .... and I do think they are more exciting to look at , than the sterile settings I have shot the KF . Pretty boring at times !!!! So I rather accept a natural way of shooting AT TIMES , not generally . All settings have their interest , just in different ways .... just my take . If you feel you need to bin this kind of shot .... well go for it .

BTW .... i am surprised to hear that you , as an experienced photographer , took images the whole day not realizing the BKG issues ..... finally deleting the whole day . Well we all work differently

Cheers Andreas
    Last edited by Andreas Liedmann; 04-30-2024 at 03:57 AM.