Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Morris View Post
OK, Ramon says that the above is a serious statement. I would argue that his statement is convoluted at best If not ridiculous).
Did you mean that what I said is ridiculous? First, I just said what I have interpretated from Ken Watkins' comment about working with assistants and a salary...

#1: Most but not all of the photographers that travel the world, like Art Wolfe, Frans Lanting, and Andy Rouse to name three, are great photographers. Each of them has worked incredibly hard and deserve all the honors they have been accorded.
I've never said anything that contradicts that.

#2: They are able to travel the world for various reasons. Neither luck nor personal wealth has anything to do with their success and their ability to travel the world.
I agree, that was my point, maybe I forgto to put the quiestion mark at the end at the end of the phrase you quoted from my comment... that's all.

#2: The issue that I originally raised is that the creation of the WPOTY winning image had everything to do with luck and craft than with artistic vision and skill.
There's where we don't agree, I don't think luck was a t the only factor and for what matters.. why would that be so terrible, the photographic skills to achieve such a stunning shot are, to me, indisputable.