Thread: I Gotta Be Nuts...

Threaded View

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default I Gotta Be Nuts...

Attached Images Attached Images

Woke at 3am. Packed. Headed south to Bosque at 5:35 am. Arrived at refuge at 6am. Moved to new spot after blast off at 6:25am. Beginning at 6:32 am made more than 200 images of thousands of geese against a yellow sky with one lovely cloud. Was tempted by the possibility of fire in the mist conditions but needed to head to the airport for my 10:10 am flight. Made it with time to spare.

This image was created with the Canon 70-200mm f/4 L IS lens handheld at 70mm with the EOS-1D MIII. ISO 500 (with ISO saftey shift). Evaluative metering +1 stop: 1/500 sec. at f/4.5 in Tv mode. AAFPS (45 point) AI Servo AF. (Cleaned up a few cut off birds along the top and left hand frame edges.

Dont' be shy. All comments welcome.
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.