Thread: Kestrel Flying

Hybrid View

John Harper

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Morris View Post
    Wonderfully executed. Sharp everywhere and a perfect exposure. Love the wing position.

Where are you from??? Where is the Hawk Conservancy??? Is this a Lesser Kestrel?

Thanks and later and love, artie
    Hi Art

Thanks for taking a look, and i have to say you are one of the main reasons i got interested in this area of photography. You were kind enough to critic 10 of my images last year and gave me some hints and tips as to how to improve things and i have been bitten by the "bird bug" so to speak.

I am based in the UK and shoot mainly at the Hawk Conservancy as it is close to where i live and you are guaranteed to get birds in flight as they do flying displays with captive birds.

I just like the challenge of getting sharp shots of small birds in flight like kestrels and falcons, (kind of like shooting but you don't kill anything!). So i post some of my better efforts here in the hope of picking up some more tips from the experts .

John

Ron Spomer

John,
    This is the kind of image we could only dream about capturing in the Kodachrome 64 film days. But even with today's cameras, high ISO speeds and digital, this remains one tough shot and you nailed it. Congrats!
    Ron Spomer