Quote Originally Posted by Jay Gould View Post
Yes, that is why I took the trouble to do the download. I didn't download the original; I downloaded pane 28. Hope that helps.

Artie, I don't mind saying publicly "it is really tough" for a newbie like myself to say anything negative about your images or any of the Masters here on BPN. That fact that you/and they invite open critiques speaks so highly it is beyond words. Thank you.
Hi Again Jay, Actually I am glad that there is a faint line in the original (pane 28). Would you agree that it is more prominent in JC's post in pane 26?

There are a few things that I would like to note with regards to your second set of comments. I have stated repeatedly that while I have a great eye for form and shape and COMP I do not have a good eye at all for fine detail, so lots of times the sharp-eyed folks here are of great help to me. (See above and the fish-eye sea-lion in Wildlife....) So I do invite open critiques.

That said, I have felt on some occasions that folks invent negative stuff just so that they can take a shot at Mr. Famous Bird Photographer. That happened much more during the first six months of BPN than recently. Whenever it happened I would defend my images politely and repeatedly. Some folks even commented that I should not be defensive since I always state, "Don't be shy; all comments welcome."

All comments are welcome but they need to be accurate not invented :)

Lastly, all are reminded that critiques should be based on the originally posted JPEG not on enlargements or super-enlargements of the downloaded JPEGs. :) I am giving JC a free pass here as he did see the blue line in the image in pane 1 :) Do note that the first 15 or so folks missed that.