Thread: Canon 100-400 Ghosting problems

Hybrid View

Alfred Forns

Roger If someone is working in such extreme condition I can see the use for extra protection. For normal shooting there is no need to stick a UV filter on the front of a lens.

Using this logic I can make a point the you should always use waterproof cover like Think Tanks Hydrophobia.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alfred Forns View Post
    Roger If someone is working in such extreme condition I can see the use for extra protection. For normal shooting there is no need to stick a UV filter on the front of a lens.

Using this logic I can make a point the you should always use waterproof cover like Think Tanks Hydrophobia.
    Al, while I do not know what "normal" shooting is, perhaps a very dry clean environment, why is it necessary to go to the extreme and suggest a waterproof cover when it is definitely not needed.

I do not think that shooting along the coast where there is spray is "extreme". When ever you shoot at the beach the air is significantly heavier with salt; shooting in the area of waterfalls there is more moisture in the air.

If you are going to use a high quality UV filter when it is "extreme", and you obtain high IQ results when shooting in the "extreme" then there is no reason to remove the filter when it is not "extreme".

If the filter does not lessen image quality in the "extreme" then it does not lessen image quality in the non-extreme. Just my "take" from all I have read and experienced.