Thread: Scoop! Canon 1D Mark IV is Offical

Hybrid View

c.w. moynihan

Seems more like a 1D3N to me...;). IMO, I wouldn't be surprised if the new AF scheme of the 7D is the predecessor (guinea pig) for the next gen of 1 series cameras (1D5 series) but with 45 AF points. As an owner of a 1Ds3, who's AF I don't find to be a problem, I think I will wait for the next series. This one is too incremental, imo especially AF wise.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by c.w. moynihan View Post
    Seems more like a 1D3N to me...;). IMO, I wouldn't be surprised if the new AF scheme of the 7D is the predecessor (guinea pig) for the next gen of 1 series cameras (1D5 series) but with 45 AF points. As an owner of a 1Ds3, who's AF I don't find to be a problem, I think I will wait for the next series. This one is too incremental, imo especially AF wise.
    Personally I don't think Canon had as far to go between pro models as Nikon did with the D3 and it's predecessor (D2x?), so it seems like a smaller increment. I think we will start to see a tailing-off of features and a homing in on ISO, noise and IQ in the future - the exponential advances in technology we have seen over the past 5 years cannot continue. I don't see much call for > 10 fps, and surely we must have enough metering zones and AF points don't we? I think the 1.3 crop/16.8 mp in the mkIV is a good compromise and I for one am very glad Canon did not play the megapixel game with this one. It will of course be crucial that the mkIV has a solid AF system.