From James Shadle's boat last April...

Canon EOS 1D Mark II
    600mm with the 1.4x
    1/800 at F6.3
    ISO 400

Doug

Maxis Gamez

Hi Doug,

This is very nice, I like the wing position and the eye level. The image could be a hair darker but you did well!

Axel Hildebrandt

Welcome, Doug! I like the pose and details and wish one eye were more visible. It could go a bit darker for my taste and maybe add some space at the right side.

Jody Melanson

Great job on sharpness with this head on image! (toughest thing for a camera to do is track a subject head on (for those not aware))
    I would run NR on the BG only to smooth it out...

Welcome to BPN!

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hey Doug, Well done. I love the wing position. Looks as if it might need a bit of cw rotation. Now stop being lazy and let's see some more of your images! Later and love, artie
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.