PDA

View Full Version : Blue Rock Thrush: Female.

Satish Ranadive
10-16-2012, 07:25 AM
Yesterday, I have posted image of male Blue Rock thrush (Indigo blue color).Female is grey brown above whitish below barred with dark brown.
This female(with deformed beak) has played a Hide and Seek game with me for almost five minutes landed on the perch. After sometimes looking curiously at lens she came so close;
that I have got three nice full frames. Finally came so close that, we just watched each other.

Oct, 16th, 2012. Full frame; just taken out bit off top for composition and sharpened. Small OOF rock just below near front leg is cloned.

ISO: 400, 1/1600 @ F: 5.6.Pattern metering. Exposure bias: +0.7.
White balance: Auto. HH. Canon: 550D, 400mm.

You can see the male at: http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/showthread.php/103963

Thanks for viewing and appreciation. C & C are highly appreciated.
Kind Regards.

gail bisson
10-16-2012, 07:47 AM
Hi Satish,
I really like this image. A very engaging head pose with a beautiful eye.
The Bg with the green on the LHS is really nice as well.
Good perch and I like your composition.
I find the image a bit oversharpened for my taste.
A fine image,
Gail

Satish Ranadive
10-16-2012, 07:55 AM
Hi Satish,
I really like this image. A very engaging head pose with a beautiful eye.
The Bg with the green on the LHS is really nice as well.
Good perch and I like your composition.
I find the image a bit oversharpened for my taste.
A fine image,
Gail
Thank you very much for your kind and nice comment.I also felt that image is over sharpen.
Here is the repost with less sharpness.

Satish.

Marina Scarr
10-16-2012, 09:21 AM
The RP is better in terms of sharpening, Satish. Well done on this one. Super head angle, composition, the perch and the soft BG.

Stu Bowie
10-16-2012, 02:12 PM
Hi Satish, love the inquisitive pose, and we have a great view of the deformed beak - unfortunate, but she seems healthy enough. Good comp and placement, love the distant BG, and I feel you may have underdone your sharpening in your repost. Maybe something a touch less than your OP, but its a fine line, as the OP is just bordering on overdone. I would tone down her perch too. :w3

Daniel Cadieux
10-16-2012, 06:45 PM
Great pose here, this gal is teasing you! Nice perch. Love the scaly plumage. Did you need to lighten under the chin and the shadow on the rock?

Robert Holguin
10-18-2012, 12:30 AM
Terrific shot.
Great pose, very nice background, and very nice details.
As far as the sharpening Im with Stuart somewhere in the middle would be great.
Well done.

Satish Ranadive
10-21-2012, 04:33 AM
Great pose here, this gal is teasing you! Nice perch. Love the scaly plumage. Did you need to lighten under the chin and the shadow on the rock?

Daniel Sir,
Thank you for your kind comments.
I have lighten under the chin,because it was too dark.Attached is the untouched Raw converted to jpg image for your kind advise.

Regards.