PDA

View Full Version : ***Great Gray Owl in falling Snow*

Yves Guillot
03-02-2013, 11:31 AM
Hello to all of you!

Here is a GGO under falling snow.

C&C : thanks!

Canon EOS-1D X (http://www.birdphotographers.net/cameras/canon/eos_1d_x)
Canon IS 600 mm 1:4,0 II - 1/1000s f/4.0 iso800 Almost full framehttp://www.pbase.com/photosnature/image/149010662/original.jpg

gail bisson
03-02-2013, 12:06 PM
This is really pretty Yves.
I like the elongated perch and the falling snow. IQ is very good.
I see a bit of a magenta cast and would correct that by -1 on the slider.
If not against your ethics I would clone ou tthe OOF tree on LHS of the frame.
Gail

Marina Scarr
03-02-2013, 12:51 PM
Love the presentation of this one. The colors work so well together and the owl just blends right in with its perch. On my iPad not seeing any magenta so not sure but I do see some pale pink/red in the BG which I really like and adds to the overall feel of this one. Snow of course is a huge plus.

arash_hazeghi
03-02-2013, 12:55 PM
very nice Yyves, you got a nice perch and the I like the snow here

Marina Scarr
03-02-2013, 06:22 PM
Came back to this image on my desktop monitor to check on colors. I see no magenta cast in the owl. There is some hint of pink in the BG which I love, and I would imagine it has something to do with the BG trees/bark. I am pleased to now know that the colors on my iPad seem to be the same as my desktop monitor.

Sandy Witvoet
03-02-2013, 06:30 PM
Fantastic! I don't see magenta in the owl either.... just pinkish BG.... which is fine. Because this image is so "vertical" (for lack of a better term)... what do you think about placing him center/upper third and cropping a tad off the bottom?(I don't THINK he needs to be in the upper third here... imho) ... Also, Really like how he "blends" with the perch....Mesmerizeing eyes seem like they should take "center stage". Ok....I love this!

christopher galeski
03-03-2013, 06:41 AM
very nice,nice pose,nice reflective light,falling snow is nice.thanks.

Yves Guillot
03-03-2013, 09:43 PM
thanks to all of you for cyour comments!

Marina and Sandy, you are right : there is no magenta cast in this image. It is a red BG due to some colored bark.

Diane Miller
03-03-2013, 10:49 PM
It's an unusual placement -- I think some could be cropped off the bottom. It's a little top-heavy. But an absolutely awesome image!