sandmartin calling

BirdPhotographers.net

Help Support BirdPhotographers.net:

christopher galeski

bpn-sandmartin-calling.jpg

Taken the other day,these birds come back from Africa,to breed here in the uk,they make holes in the river banking,and lay there eggs.cannon500mm IS L F4,tripod,700mm FL,cropped,sharpened,lightened,was a bit overcast,iso500,1/320s,f5.6.thanks for looking.

Chris:

I really like the perspective here, nice shooting angle, calling pose, flare of wings.

I might consider toning down the bright grass in front of his face, it acts as a bit of a visual stop.

Some noise showing up in the bg, esp left edge.

Cheers

Randy

This is an awesome capture. Love the habitat and the look back pose. Noise mentioned. I would try to recrop and use the rule of thirds here putting the bird a little more upper right and removing that ridge on the right of the frame.

Great catch. I agree with Randy that the root in front of the bird acts as a stop. I would remove that one if you are ok with that. Color, tones, and pose are all great.

Spot on Chris - great shot, beautifully detailed and exposed. It remains to be seen if "my" martins nest this year, there has been substantial land sliding and I am not sure if they will like the newly exposed surfaces.

Liking the habitat shot here Christopher, nice catch light in the eye and vocalising ...yes to more noise reduction

Absolutely superb image of martin,well camouflaged with BG. Love the calling pose,colors and details.Very nice composition too.
Agree about some noise in the BG,can be addressed easily.

Regards,
Satish.

Latest posts

Back