PDA

View Full Version : Yellow bellied sunbird#2

Don Railton
08-01-2013, 08:07 AM
Hi Guys, this is the image I intended to post last night. Unfortunately I rushed and picked up the wrong image... Photographed in the Daintree region of Queensland. 1D4 + 500F4, 1/320sec @ F11, ISO 1250. Handheld but with arms resting on a balcony rail. processed in CS6 using ACR and the Nik sharpening package. I have removed a bit of disjointed vegetation from the top of the screen. Regards DON.

gail bisson
08-01-2013, 12:01 PM
Hi Don,
This is really very nice.Love the colors.
I love the flower and the way it hangs down and that it is all included in the frame. Very nice dramatic 3 toned BG
Bird is perfectly positioned with a good HA.
I might take about 3% off the LHS ( to the end of the blown out little leaf) and clone out remaining stem on LUC . I might also trim ever so slightly the leaf that is touching the sunbirds' back if not against your ethics.
Well executed
Gail

vishaljadhav
08-01-2013, 01:07 PM
Interesting composition, the flower is nicely placed in the frame.
The bird looks great and with a slight head turn it looks nice , i like the colours

vishaljadhav
08-01-2013, 01:12 PM
some issue with my posting

Marina Scarr
08-01-2013, 06:23 PM
Lovely image and love the hanging hibiscus. I would crop from left and top. Agree on separating the leaf from the bird's back just a tad if your ethics allow.

Don Railton
08-01-2013, 06:46 PM
Thanks Guys for this... I hate that leaf..! But my ethics wont prevent me from pruning/resizing that leaf ever so slightly..

Regards to you all
DON

Grace Scalzo
08-01-2013, 06:47 PM
There is so much going on in this frame that the bird gets a bit lost. To my eye, cropping from the top and the left to balance draws my eye more to the bird.

Stu Bowie
08-02-2013, 01:29 PM
Hi Don, the sunbird is well framed between the foliage, especially with one half being green, and the other red. Im glad the bottom of the hibicus hasnt been cut off the frame, and agree, taking off the left wont harm the image. :w3

Cheryl Arena Molennor
08-02-2013, 05:58 PM
Beautiful flowers they are and to get a bird with it is just great. Nice detail. I am also seeing a version cropped from the top just below the leaf bud that touches the left frame edge.. I think it may bring more attention to the bird and flower. Of course then some from the left for balance. Very nice image

Girish Prahalad
08-03-2013, 02:16 AM
love the framing of the bird between the flowers. nice details on the bird

arash_hazeghi
08-03-2013, 03:56 AM
nice details and colors, IMO the main issue here is the bird angled away from us with its tail closer than its head...I like the red flower but the green stuff is distracting. the dark BG goes with the bird.

TFS

Don Railton
08-03-2013, 05:25 AM
Thanks to all for the additional comments...Most appreciated.. DON

Andre Pretorius
08-03-2013, 09:23 AM
Personally the flower detracts a bit from the sunbird, but I admire the correct exposure on bird and flower, sunbirds are famous for an exposure nightmare!

Shawn Zierman
08-04-2013, 01:03 AM
I think this is a much improved image over the previous one, (which was no slouch at all in it's own right!). The leaf touching the back does not bother me at all. Lovely bird and flower. I agree with Grace's suggestion regarding reworking the crop.