Fly Like an Eagle

BirdPhotographers.net

Help Support BirdPhotographers.net:

Hi Ted, a big welcome to BPN from me, and a great place to learn and share. I really like the banking pose showing the full wingspread. Overall well exposed, and it looks like the critical point of focus was on the feet and tail. You could try and selectively sharpen the head.

Please include your Exif info, so folks can see your shooting conditions.

Whoa, now that is a dynamic flight pose! I absolutely love the curled wings, so cool. Beautiful vertical comp. The orange feet and bill look great against the pale blue sky. I agree that a bit more sharpening on the head and face would be good, and I would lighten the eye's iris a tad more (and/or darken the pupil).

Hi Ted, a big welcome to BPN from me, and a great place to learn and share. I really like the banking pose showing the full wingspread. Overall well exposed, and it looks like the critical point of focus was on the feet and tail. You could try and selectively sharpen the head.

Please include your Exif info, so folks can see your shooting conditions.

Stuart the Exit data is included, I just checked, right mouse click says it is there. But here they are
Camera Maker: Canon
Camera Model: Canon EOS-1D Mark IV
Lens: EF70-200mm f/2.8L USM
Image Date: 2013-07-10 09:10:25 +0000
Focal Length: 195mm
Focus Distance: 13.8m
Aperture: f/5.6
Exposure Time: 0.0005 s (1/2000)
ISO equiv: 1600
Exposure Bias: none
Metering Mode: Spot
Exposure: Manual
Exposure Mode: Manual
White Balance: Auto
Flash Fired: No
Orientation: Normal
Color Space: sRGB
GPS Coordinate: undefined, undefined
Creator: Ted Ellis
Copyright: Ted Ellis 2013. All rights reserved.
Software: Adobe Photoshop CS5.1 Windows

There seems to be a consensus on a tad more sharpening of the head. Easy to do. Thanks for your thoughts and welcome.

Ted

Whoa, now that is a dynamic flight pose! I absolutely love the curled wings, so cool. Beautiful vertical comp. The orange feet and bill look great against the pale blue sky. I agree that a bit more sharpening on the head and face would be good, and I would lighten the eye's iris a tad more (and/or darken the pupil).

Thank you very much Daniel!

very nice Ted,
I like the composition and especially the view of the feet. colors and exposure are both good. the shooting angle is a bit steep but the special wing position noted by Daniel and dynamic pose make up for it . I agree that the critical focus fell on the tail, a bit more selective sharpening on the head will sure help here.

TFS great work

very nice Ted,
I like the composition and especially the view of the feet. colors and exposure are both good. the shooting angle is a bit steep but the special wing position noted by Daniel and dynamic pose make up for it . I agree that the critical focus fell on the tail, a bit more selective sharpening on the head will sure help here.

TFS great work

Arash et al, I agree the head is a tad soft. I have reworked the raw image. CC appreciated.

Ted
http://www.tedellisphotography.com

Fly Like an Eagle. by Ted Ellis, on Flickr

9635236809_acbd3fa3de_o.jpg

You need to sharpen a bit more, something like this

Latest posts

Back