PDA

View Full Version : More Food Female Wheatear

christopher galeski
05-22-2014, 04:58 AM
Taken in disused quarry,cannon 500mm F4 L IS,7D,tripod,iso500,1/400S,F5.6,cropped and sharpened,some level's,NR,on BG.

gail bisson
05-22-2014, 05:03 AM
Hi Chris,
I think this is a really nice image.
I like the perky pose, the perfect head turn, the nice perch and the worms in the beak.
I find the black part of the BG by the front of the head a bit distracting and I would dodge this area to lighten it .
Well done on a sweet shot,
Gail

Steve Kaluski
05-22-2014, 05:28 AM
Hi Chris, I like the overall warm colour palette, but the green foliage I find jars a little and depending on your ethics, I would be tempted to blend it in using similar tones from the BKG (clone it out). I like the posture & angle of the bird, but wish for the feet to be visible on this one. The sharpening looks better, but I think you could still selectively push it a bit more around the head & grub.

Just checked Chris, I think you may have missed a step in converting, or a check box is unchecked as the file isn't carrying an embedded profile.

TFS
Steve

Ian Wilson
05-22-2014, 06:28 AM
Very nice image Chris. I agree with Gail and Steve re background and with Steve re selective sharpening around the head and food item. Good work. Cheers, Ian

Jonathan Ashton
05-22-2014, 07:11 AM
Lovely shot nice head turn and beak with larvae. I don't know how big that rock is but it may be possible to move it a couple of inches so if the situation were to re-present itself you could avoid that dark area being close to the bird.

Sidharth Kodikal
05-22-2014, 01:37 PM
Perfect head turn, love the perch and the pose. Worms are a big plus. A bit more sharpening wouldn't hurt I think. A very nice image Chris.

David Salem
05-23-2014, 12:54 AM
Nice looking pose Chris and I like the worm in the beak. I like the BG too but agree with the others about the dark spot and another round of sharpening. Nice natural shot.

Karl Egressy
05-23-2014, 03:05 PM
Nice image, love the pose and the worms in the beak add a lot, Chris.

Binu John
05-24-2014, 06:34 PM
Very nice capture! I like the pose, HA and the worm in the beak!