Superb Starling

BirdPhotographers.net

Help Support BirdPhotographers.net:

Ian Wilson

Superb-StarlingAO2A2362_edi.jpg

Captured in Tarangire NP, Tanzania, 5 April 2015. Africa has a large number of spectacular starling species - this one is common in East Africa.

Canon 5DIII + 600 mm f/4 II + 1.4x III extender, hand-held from a vehicle.
Manual, spot metering, spot AF, f/7.1, 1/640 sec, ISO 800.
Processed with DPP4 and PS Elements.

Thanks for looking, critical feedback welcome and appreciated.
Kind regards, Ian.

What a great looking bird, Ian. Like the thorny perch and the BG. You captured the iridescence beautifully, and like the hint of orange/tan chest feathers showing. Well done.

Geoffrey

Ian these African Starlings are great looking birds, you have captured some lovely sheens and detail on this one, and all on a nice bg,nice work.

Keith.

Nice look-back pose and very neat perch - I love the leaves on it. Nice smooth green BG too. Perhaps toning down the bright thorns would be good, and I'd also eliminate the two elements peeking into the frame (lower left, and extreme lower right corners). Very nicely done overall.

Hi Ian, Im not sure about a Superb Starling, but its a suberb image. :w3 I like the inquisitive pose, and the light has brought out the iridescence so well. Sharp where it counts, and it simply amazes me how birds dont get injured perching on these large thorn perches.

Latest posts

Back