PDA

View Full Version : Theme Leopard on a look-out

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
08-13-2015, 01:57 PM
The leopard was intently looking at some lechwe at a distance as he stepped out from behind the tree just enough to give a nice head-shot. Image made in Okavango Delta, Botswana.
1/2000
f/6.3
ISO 800
7D II
500 II

Karen Pleasant
08-13-2015, 07:33 PM
I really enjoy your images, and this is no exception. Finely captured and processed. Others will recommend improvements I have missed..... but a fine image to me! On this, have you tried a vertical crop? Here is my feeble attempt with a little more mid level contrast...

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
08-14-2015, 02:22 AM
Thanks Karen, Appreciate your feedback and your RP is very nice, but I prefer the OP as the leopard is looking ahead at a distance and wanted room for him to look into. Much appreciated.
Regards,
Sanjeev

haseeb badar
08-14-2015, 02:48 AM
Hi Sanjeev -- Very nice image !! Loved how that ear perfectly fits into that dry wooden trunk. lovely colors , light and compo . I liked both OP and Karen's RP but slightly more inclined Sanjeev's OP because of the reason mentioned by him. TFS !

Andreas Liedmann
08-14-2015, 04:44 AM
Hi Sanjeev a fine image of this peeping leopard , like the overall comp and detail you have produced .
Agree with Haseeb regarding the camouflage into the dry tree stump .
You have not used the full tonal range in your OP , maybe you want that to be . There is quite a large gap at the white point i the histogram , therefore OP does look a bit flat in the HL .
I just pushed the histogram a bit in my RP

TFS Andreas

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
08-14-2015, 05:20 AM
Thanks Haseeb and Andreas, Your RP is a step up Andreas. I agree on the tonal range. Thanks for the suggestions.

Rachel Hollander
08-14-2015, 06:05 AM
Hi Sanjeev - I like the way the leopard is peeking out from behind the tree and prefer the comp of your op but I tend to like negative space. Andreas's rp has taken it up a notch. Well done in the field too.

TFS,
Rachel

Gabriela Plesea
08-14-2015, 01:42 PM
This is superb, Sanjeev!

I love it, indeed Andreas gave it even more "oomph", but I must congratulate you on this capture, probably the best I have seen from you and it has everything: great techs, superb composition, lovely colours, the POV works for me, sharpness is there, IQ, oh man it all adds up so nicely and I am so pleased with this, CONGRATULATIONS Sanjeev:cheers::5

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
08-14-2015, 10:57 PM
Thanks everyone. Gabriela, thanks for appreciating. Glad you liked it. :cheers:

Morkel Erasmus
08-16-2015, 05:01 PM
Love the peeping round the tree motif here!
I like how the eyes pop as well. I'd go for a version that has the oomph of Andreas' RP, the space of your OP, and a slight crop from the top for a more "pano" format...

Ákos Lumnitzer
08-17-2015, 01:59 AM
To me, this cries out for a vertical comp! Did you take one like that?

Works this way too, but I feel the vert would be much stronger.

really lovely light, sharpness and details

TFS

Steve Kaluski
08-17-2015, 04:15 AM
Hi Sanjeev, doesn't get much better than this, very Commercial' too!!!

Agree on a sliver off the top and I would really look at loosing/blending that dead branch towards the RHS in the background, would look far better. Your Exp after getting the WB sorted is paramount, you need to have both your white & black points nailed then proceeded with the rest of your PP, this does make a big difference.

TFS
Steve