PDA

View Full Version : Flamingo Ballet

Stu Bowie
03-11-2016, 11:34 AM
Here is another image from my holiday in Cape Town captured at the end of last year. I was busy photographing a few Pelicans at this location, when a few Flamingo's came in to land across the water. I liked this elegant pose, as if the Flamingo was doing long Jump. I was also lucky that they came nicely parallel to me too. Taken early morning.

Canon 1D Mark IV
Canon 300mm F/2.8 +2X TC = 600mm
1/2500
F/7.1
ISO 640

Manual exposure.

Bill Dix
03-11-2016, 04:19 PM
Unusual flamingo pose. Well captured. I like him small in the frame, with the splash. Nice light, too.

Randy Stout
03-11-2016, 09:54 PM
Stu:

I like it for the same reasons Bill does. The huge striding effect is accentuated by the modest size of the bird in frame.

Near wing position could be a bit more dramatic, but the colors, long striding pose, work well.

Cheers

Randy

Mike Poole
03-11-2016, 10:04 PM
I really like the mid air stride you've got here Stu, especially with the splash in the water. I'm a bit unsure about the half reflection, do you have any other alternative crops available?

Mike

Stu Bowie
03-12-2016, 12:29 AM
I'm a bit unsure about the half reflection, do you have any other alternative crops available?

Thanks Bill, Randy and Mike.

Mike. I actually have more space around, and just wanted to show some colour in the water. There is a little more of the reflection below in the my original, but nothing I feel to work any better. Yes, sometimes its all of a reflection, or none, if its not a 'clear' reflection as posted. As mentioned, I felt adding a bit of colour to the water below was better than no colour. :w3

Eric Dienesch
03-12-2016, 06:47 AM
I must laugh when i open this thread here. really nice picture and really like a ballet dancer ;-)

Satish Ranadive
03-12-2016, 08:50 AM
Magnificent image, Stuart Sir.
Love the dancing steps in the midair with a flash of water, pink shades of reflection in the blue water and superb composition.

Regards,
Satish.

David Salem
03-12-2016, 11:51 AM
Now that's one big stride he has there. definitely looks like a ballerina. I like the colors and the pano comp. Well done Stu