PDA

View Full Version : Robins

John Robinson
05-25-2016, 04:31 AM
Robins courtship feeding. Second brood coming up by the looks of it.
Not my best IQ but was set up on something else so its a grab job.
D7100
Niko 70-300mm
Large crop
1000 ISO
250th sec @f8
PP Paint Shop Pro
Neat image. CZM high pass sharpen.
Thanks for looking and comments on last pic.
JohnR

Jonathan Ashton
05-25-2016, 04:57 AM
John there is something fundamentally wrong with the processing I suspect it is your CZM, the image is very grainy and grossly oversharpened.

John Robinson
05-25-2016, 05:26 AM
Yes Jon - like I said- not my best.
Tried to make something out of nothing which I thought an interesting shot, which I realise is not a good idea on a critique site.
An extreemly large crop, as I said. Trying to remedy it with neat image hasn't helped.
JohnR

Gerald Kelberg
05-25-2016, 07:01 AM
Hi John,

I like the action and the natural history of this one, as well as liking the composition. But as you have acknowledged, the image isn't at your usual level.

Still, good to see and I'm pleased you posted it.

Regards, Gerald

christopher galeski
05-25-2016, 07:03 AM
I like the pose of the 2robins John,but I have to agree with Jonathans critique.

Adhika Lie
05-25-2016, 11:31 AM
I like the behavior displayed here and I think the BG is really beautiful, too. It's unfortunate that it's a big crop because otherwise this would be an awesome shot to keep. I am wondering if other sharpening tool would be better, John. I use Nik sharpener and they are really good at what they are doing (at least from my experience). I am still learning a lot in this field so take my comments with lots of grain of salt but I would also probably reduce the amount of NR on the birds, especially the one on the left. The detail on the breast looks slightly crushed, but it could also be because of the heavy crop.

William Dickson
05-25-2016, 01:09 PM
Processing quality already been covered. I like the behaviour and comp, The leaves and buds, bring a lot to the image. Very nice BG.

Will

John Robinson
05-25-2016, 01:12 PM
Thanks guys
Like I said - there was notrhing there to work on really. I think I tried too hard wiyh the PP on a looser. In hindsight maybe best not posted. ThanKs for your input anyway.
Cheers
jOHNr

David Cowling
05-25-2016, 03:38 PM
Everything already been said about image processing/quality but I like the interaction between the pair. I like the perch and the composition and the fact that you have included some outside interest top left. If the IQ had been better it would have been a cracker.

John Robinson
05-26-2016, 04:20 PM
Cheers
David
John