PDA

View Full Version : The Wryneck - couple

Rosl Roessner
06-11-2008, 03:01 PM
This is another image of the European Wryneck. There was one moment, where both of them were sitting on the same trunk, showing their special pose, with the head up and neck streched.

I wish for a better seperation between the two heads, but in this image I have the best Head Angle of both.
So, you take what you get and because this is a rare bird and I never seen it before, I am really happy to have both of them on one trunk....
I was not able to use a smaller f-stop, because I had beautiful but low evening light.
So the image is far from perfect, but special for me....

Made with my Mark III / my toy, the 500 / 4 + 1.7 TC
ISO 1250 / f 6.3 / 1/250 sec
- 2/3 Exp. Corr.

Critique and Comments very welcome.

Axel Hildebrandt
06-11-2008, 03:26 PM
Great find, interaction and setting. I don't mind the overlap at all, it actually adds to the image. I might put them a bit further to the right in the frame and lighten the BG a tad. You could also try to selectively sharpen the head of the bird in the back. Thanks for sharing!

Doug Brown
06-11-2008, 03:33 PM
Lovely image Rosl! I would crop some off the bottom and move the birds slightly to the right in the frame. Don't particularly mind the dark BG. Congrats on a nice photo!

Judy Lynn Malloch
06-11-2008, 04:38 PM
Congratulations Rosi on this rare find and superb capture. To be able to photograph the two together is really awesome and I love the pose. Agree with the above comments on cropping. Many thanks for sharing.

Hugh J McLaughlin
06-11-2008, 04:51 PM
Nice to see both in the same image, Rosi. Nits mentioned already.

Hugh

gary rouleau
06-11-2008, 07:27 PM
Love the romance here, great capture. I like Doug's suggestion plus a little darker on the birds.

gary

Grace Scalzo
06-11-2008, 07:53 PM
Such an intimate moment! I could do with less of the perch, allowing more attention to the birds.

David Steele
06-11-2008, 11:21 PM
I agree with the praise and suggestions but in addition to having the background lighter, would like to see the the subject matter a bit darker.

hans stel
06-13-2008, 02:21 AM
Totally agree with David to darken the subject matter. Wonderfull picture!