Tv(Shutter Speed) 1/2000
Av(Aperture Value) 6.3
Metering Mode Evaluative Metering
Exposure Compensation 0
ISO Speed 800
Auto ISO Speed OFF
Lens EF500mm f/4L IS USM +1.4x III
Focal Length 700.0mm

I have to say I am expecting a bit of stick :Whoa!: but I felt I had to post it. Not high quality and poor light but this is a very rare sighting in UK, at Burton Wetlands near to where I live.
There are about seven who may have taken up residence. Hopefully they will start breeding.. and also be a bit more accessible! I will return when the light improves - hopefully a better quality image will follow.
The image of course one comprised of four captures on high speed motor drive.
The ghostly white area toward the bottom left hand corner is not processing error, it is an obscured little egret.

Isaac Grant
06-30-2016, 05:15 PM
I am not a fan of composite shots. Personal preference of course with that. Honestly I don't feel this is a good photo for presentation purposes. (I'm guessing that is the stick) Nice to document a rarity, but as the bird is far, the light poor and the bird facing away there is not much in it. Still a very cool sighting and hope to see more of them. Congrats on a nice sighting.

keith mitchell
07-01-2016, 02:24 AM
Jon i take your point re the image quality but do think the content of the image makes up for it , I like the way the birds are stacked up almost like a busy airport,birds all showing different wing positions and almost equal distance apart.Not every bodies cup of tea as you mention but it's the sort of thing I like.

Keith.

Marina Scarr
07-03-2016, 01:25 PM
I do like composites but this one has a bird flying away and that large twig on the left is a bit distracting.. It also seems the whites on your bird are a bit grayish.