PDA

View Full Version : Grey Ghost on Coot

Glenn Conlan
11-22-2016, 07:03 PM
Dave Salem and I were out shooting this weekend and came across this adult male Harrier a fairly uncommon occurrence. We usually see all female birds with a rare flyby of a male. This guy gave us hundreds of frames while eating this coot. Thanks for looking, all CC's welcome. D5 600mm with 1.4 tc, 1/2500 sec, ISO 640, F 7.1 shot out of car window. We did have a problem with heat shimmer giving us several soft images.

Tim Foltz
11-22-2016, 11:05 PM
Glenn, awesome shot of this rarity here in So. CA, wish I was with you guys. nice and sharp, great catch light and nice BG.

-Tim

arash_hazeghi
11-23-2016, 01:32 AM
drooling and keeping my fingers crossed for shooting down there, hope he sticks around

Ian McLachlan
11-23-2016, 04:49 AM
Glenn
This is just spectacular. He cruised past last week a couple of times when I was there last week.. He looks much more beautiful than the description 'THE GREY GHOST'
No heat shimmer in this one. David and you have got a great set up going down there. Ian

Satish Ranadive
11-23-2016, 08:54 AM
Excellent image of handsome raptor. Very nice low shooting angle. Great show.

Regards,
Satish.

Mike Poole
11-23-2016, 09:40 AM
Excellent work Glenn, all the tech boxes ticked nicely and great shooting angle, good head turn and a bit of environment to boot. Whats not to like?

Mike

Isaac Grant
11-23-2016, 11:55 AM
Lovely shot of a bird that is quite hard to capture. And getting with prey takes this over the top. Image quality and exposure is excellent. My only critique is that above the tail and touching the wing there seems to be some flower material that is floating there. Not sure if you left it when doing some cloning or what. Anyway its an easy fix for an otherwise excellent shot.

William Dickson
11-23-2016, 05:15 PM
Oh yeah, yeah, yeah. The greys are beautiful

Will

Glenn Conlan
11-23-2016, 06:55 PM
Glenn
This is just spectacular. He cruised past last week a couple of times when I was there last week.. He looks much more beautiful than the description 'THE GREY GHOST'
No heat shimmer in this one. David and you have got a great set up going down there. Ian
It was nice meeting you Ian, hope to see you post some of those great images you captured on your recent visit.

Glenn Conlan
11-23-2016, 06:57 PM
Lovely shot of a bird that is quite hard to capture. And getting with prey takes this over the top. Image quality and exposure is excellent. My only critique is that above the tail and touching the wing there seems to be some flower material that is floating there. Not sure if you left it when doing some cloning or what. Anyway its an easy fix for an otherwise excellent shot.
Good eye Isaac thanks for the critique

Glenn Conlan
11-23-2016, 06:57 PM
Thanks everyone for your comments

David Salem
11-24-2016, 03:10 PM
What a great opportunity we had with this guy. You and I've been running around there for years and never came close to a nice sighting like this so I know we're both really happy with our images. The nice profile pose, killer details and blue background really make these shots awesome. You gotta be in it to win it!! See you soon for the next adventure.

Jim Crosswell
11-24-2016, 07:40 PM
Excellent image Glenn! I like the IQ, details, setting, composition and prey.