PDA

View Full Version : Ostrich

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
07-24-2017, 10:07 AM
An Ostrich marches off as we try and get closer at the Masai mara reserve, Kenya.
5D III
500mm II
1/2500
f/7.1
ISO 800

Isaac Grant
07-24-2017, 04:21 PM
Details look really nice on this one and I love the view of the environment. While this is not what I would typically say, I wonder if getting higher would be possible on this shot. I think the horizon line cutting right through the bird is not ideal. If you could have gotten higher than maybe you could have gotten all grass behind the bird.

Glenn Pure
07-24-2017, 07:04 PM
Hi Sanjeev - based on my own limited experience with this species on a recent trip to southern Africa, you have done well to capture this. I had a lot of trouble with busy backgrounds or more distant birds where heat convection destroyed the clarity in the shots. So well done as the angle of shadow on the bird's leg suggests it wasn't that early in the day when you got this.

Randy Stout
07-24-2017, 07:42 PM
Sanjeev:

As mentioned, nice detail in the feathers, well exposed.

I do understand Issac's point about the horizon line cutting through the body, but this is such a big bird, that you would have to be a lot higher to prevent that, or very low, so more against the sky.

Cheers

Randy

John Mack
07-24-2017, 07:47 PM
Nice frame here like the environment and the composition the horizon line does not bother me.