PDA

View Full Version : Little owlet

Steve Kaluski
01-20-2018, 05:03 AM
One of the two owlet's from last year's brood. The 'perch' is a living Pine tree, the owlet used to like flying from the comfort of the larger trees to here, then down to find the parent. I left the cobweb lines in.

Thanks to those who posted or viewed the previous thread.

Steve

Subject: Little owlet (Athene noctua)
Camera: Canon 1DX MKI
Lens: 500f/4MKII HH
Exposure: 1/2000s at f/8 ISO2000
Original format: Portrait, very slight crop from the top, FF width
Processed via: LR Classic CC & PSCC2018

Randy Stout
01-20-2018, 07:40 AM
Steve:

Cute fellow, like the comp, angled perch, intense stare, soft light. By all means, I always like cobwebs, other fine details like that. Kind of like little rewards as you view the image.

Cheers

Randy

Stu Bowie
01-20-2018, 02:04 PM
Hi Steve, love the direct eye contact here, and you have captured nice plumage detail on the little fellow. The vertical comp works well, and I like the high placement in the frame. The Owlet also pops from the darker BG too.

Joseph Przybyla
01-20-2018, 04:05 PM
Hi Steve, such wonderful eyes... the owl stare. I have seen it often with the owls here. Everything spot at as always. Nice composition, thank you for sharing.

Dylan Maithonis
01-20-2018, 04:57 PM
Love the slightly wide view of him and his perch. It's a very interesting perch so it works well. Owl looks really great too!

Steve Kaluski
01-21-2018, 05:41 AM
Thanks guys. :wave:

Juan Fernandez
01-21-2018, 07:57 AM
Very nice image. I like the owl with the unusual perch. Great detail!
If I had to improve the image I would
1. Remove the OOF bright blob over the owl's head
2. Saturate the iris a little more
3. White balance seems a little towards green, I am not sure if it is just the background color overwhelming the subject.

Ákos Lumnitzer
01-21-2018, 05:55 PM
Love this image! So intimate with that piercing eye contact.
I love it as presented.
Well done mate! :)