PDA

View Full Version : male peregrine arriving...

annmpacheco
03-07-2018, 05:23 PM
Another peregrine breeding image. I was so excited to see her behavior change as she called to her mate and I raced to find for him myself. Focused on the female, I was able to lock on and was rewarded with this frame.

DPP, PS, levels, increased contrast, sharpened and neat image... selectively sharpened.

Canon 1Dx
840mm
ISO 2500
ss 1250

Randy Stout
03-07-2018, 07:14 PM
Ann: Excellent timing, as we rarely see the pre landing phase of mating. Very nice contrast despite the soft light. I love the textured perch, but might crop in a bit from the right. I could also see a vertical from this one as well.

I also would consider adding just a bit of canvas to the top.

Very nice!

Randy

Daniel Cadieux
03-07-2018, 07:27 PM
Very neat opportunity, you anticipated the action very well. I like the perch. I also like how she is bracing for impact. If mine I's likely lighten the face on the female, especially around the eye. I also like Randy's suggestions of more canvas above or vertical crop.

John Mack
03-07-2018, 08:00 PM
Nice composition, nice pose, nice action, and nice detail. Well done.

Juan Tolentino
03-07-2018, 10:48 PM
Hi Ann, I love the action. Good detail in both birds. I agree with the cropping suggestions, IMO the image will improve with more room on the top and the left side taking some from the right side. Great image and behavior of these beautiful birds.TFS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Eric Dienesch
03-08-2018, 02:19 AM
Wow,

perfect timing.. this is a stunning image.. great work !!
i agreee also wih juan above me.. but its only a little thing.

Ian McLachlan
03-08-2018, 06:33 AM
All of the above .And great clean /pure light.

Juan Fernandez
03-08-2018, 06:35 AM
Great image! The pose, the perch, the light looks great. Technically excellent. My only comment would be to clean the green oof green with surrounding white on the left.

gail bisson
03-08-2018, 07:48 AM
:5This is excellent! Agree that a vertical with more on top would make this a rock star. Love the thoughtful way the talons are tucked inwards- just hope he doesn't do the splits and get a groin injury and slip when he lands!:bg3:

Stu Bowie
03-08-2018, 10:52 AM
Hi Ann, well timed for the incoming 'action' and just love the curled in talons of the male - nature is truly amazing. The underside of the male's wings pop nicely against the darker BG. I would leave the placement/comp as is, but would add canvas top and bottom.

David Salem
03-08-2018, 12:33 PM
Oh, Man!! This is awesome Ann. Love the intense look from the male and the perch and BG look great too. Your PP work looks really good on this one too! I do agree with maybe dodging the females eye just a bit, but otherwise a true Rock star!!:cheers:
Oh crap, I forgot to mention the new Sig. Looks awesome!!

annmpacheco
03-08-2018, 12:40 PM
Here is the next frame and i tried your suggestions, vertical and also lifted shadows on females face... I am thinking of entering this image in a contest that does not allow any cloning so i am not able to add more canvas as there is a tiny branch that will show... What to do you think? OP or Repost, and why please? Thanks

gail bisson
03-08-2018, 12:50 PM
Ann, this is a different image that the OP.The male is looking directly at you and it is a much more powerful image than the OP.
So did you add canvas to this "different image"? Confused...How much canvas do you have to play with?
PS Replied to your question in my BE post)

annmpacheco
03-08-2018, 12:59 PM
Hey Gail, yes this is a different image the very next frame so i didn't add canvas at all... I just cropped it vertical. I want to enter this and there is no cloning and so there is a branch above so this is the best crop... If i were to take off some on the top then there is a blobby kinda thing in the LR bottom and then that increase, so heres the best...

gail bisson
03-08-2018, 01:07 PM
Well then, this is the one! So much better than the OP. I do see a magenta cast and I believe you can fix this for contests.
Gail

David Salem
03-08-2018, 01:09 PM
Told You:w3

Jonathan Ashton
03-09-2018, 06:03 AM
Just wonderful!! I think I too detect a slight magenta cast. Good luck in the comp, I am confident it will do well.

annmpacheco
03-09-2018, 06:03 PM
Thanks everyone, I appreciate your comments and suggestions.