dirt for dinner again...

BirdPhotographers.net

Help Support BirdPhotographers.net:

annmpacheco

_PDX3888S.jpg

This is a juvenile male pyrrhuloxia taken from a blind in South Texas, they are found in brushy habitat and are also known as a desert cardinal. They were quite shy and opportunities were rather slim. A little dry red dirt to crunch on and he was a happy bird.
levels, sharpening, NR

1Dx
600mm
iso 640
1so 6.3
1/2000

This is nice Ann. Fab POV. Lovely colours throughout. Very nice detail on the bird. Its amazing how birds know to get their minerals from dirt. Lovely light, I wished we could get some great light, we had a hail storm yesterday in the month of June !!

Good work.

Will

Spending time in that sunken blind really paid off! I love the bits of dirt debris falling form the bill. I do wish the "mound" was not so close to the subject, but likely unavoidable. The fully raised crest is really cool :)

Wow... about as good as it gets. Wonderful feather detail, and complimentary background. I'm not familiar with this species but judging from the female cardinals I see here the colors look good. Thank you for sharing, Ann.

About as high IQ a capture of a female Cardinal as one could hope for I would think. Love the timing with the dirt in her beak and the creamy background. The image appears slightly on the bright side on my monitor.

Last edited:
The colors of that dirt and that light are just great. Nicely processed Ann with good details and exposure as well. Head angle is not ideal and I wish the feet were not obscured.

Latest posts

Back