PDA

View Full Version : Great Hornbill

Debapratim Saha
07-26-2018, 12:32 PM
One from the Darjeeling Himalayan foothill forest,shot when flying towards a fruiting tree,full frame,canvas added to compose.
Canon 7DII,500mm f4,1/3200s,ISO500,HH from a hill top.

Bill Dix
07-26-2018, 12:45 PM
Great looking flight shot. I like the dorsal view, with the head nicely framed by the wings. Lovely BG.

Walker Noe
07-26-2018, 07:06 PM
Nice image of a cool bird with good pose. The head looks fairly sharp, but the rest of the bird does not. In that situation I would raise the ISO and stop down to increase depth of field. I'm not sure what the colors should be on the back of this species but it looks like the whites are blown there, it appears you had really harsh lighting here..

Daniel Cadieux
07-26-2018, 07:12 PM
What an impressive flight display. I love the "fullness" of the pose, and the colours/patterns. Good BG. If anything, as presented I do feel the image could use a small dose of additional sharpening.

Marina Scarr
07-26-2018, 07:25 PM
That is one heck of an image. Amazing pose and even a head turn. Super BG. Kudos on added canvas.

Isaac Grant
07-26-2018, 11:39 PM
These birds are amazing. I have seen many of them. For those who do not know when they take off it sounds like a helicopter. You can hear them from really far away. So impressive! Nice to see them being posted here. Nice flight pose with splayed wings and nice head angle. I agree with Daniel re a touch more sharpening. Also the whites at the tips of the wings look a bit hot.

Krishna Prasad kotti
07-27-2018, 12:51 AM
Very Nice Wing Display.

More sharpening will definitely Help. Selective Burning will also help specially on the tail feathers as they seem to bit lacking in detail.

Thanks for sharing.

Mike Hitchen
07-27-2018, 05:55 AM
A great photo of one of my favourite birds. I like the dorsal view and the curl of the wingtips and how the curve of the beak mirrors the shape of the leading edge of the wing. These have usually sprung out at me as they make short flits from tree to tree so to get one in such open area is a great opportunity.

David Salem
07-28-2018, 09:14 AM
This is Awesome Deb!! Love the pose with the fanned wings and the head angle looks great too. Details and colors look fantastic and I really like the colorful BG also. This is one of your best IF shots IMO and it's such a unique species to see in flight!!
Exposure is about how I would have exposed it as you have great detail in the darks, just needs a touch of burning to some of the hotter feathers as suggested. Very well done

William Dickson
07-29-2018, 08:02 AM
Very well captured. I love the flight pose and HA. Nice work.

Will