PDA

View Full Version : Redshank

Jonathan Ashton
10-26-2018, 10:56 AM
Tripod, Canon 5D IV Canon 500mm f4 L IS II
ISO 4000 +0.3, 1/1600 sec f8

ACR + PSCC (No Noise reduction in ACR or PSCC - just to see what you think)

A wait by the rocks at high tide usually results in a variety of waders (shorebirds) coming close by.

David Roach
10-26-2018, 11:14 AM
Love your handling of the soft light and DOF to get every detail where it's most important. The perch and BG are also wonderful. For my eye, what noise is there is quite manageable(seems even and not distracting). TFS

Joseph Przybyla
10-26-2018, 11:44 AM
A beauty, lovely little bird. Other than minimal noise reduction I cannot see how you could improve the image. Colors and feather detail look great. I would guess that your nailed the exposure, for the image to look this good without noise reduction. Thank you for sharing, Jonathan.

Steve Kaluski
10-26-2018, 01:27 PM
Very nice indeed Jon, the clean BKG just provides a great separation and isolates the subject superbly. I don't think you have to worry about noise tased on the overall colour palette and remember, where does noise live? :S3:

Pour yourself a wee dram, well deserved. :cheers:

TFS
Steve

Bill Dix
10-26-2018, 04:34 PM
Lovely perch, pose, background. The overall image looks just a tad greenish to me, but perhaps that's the light and the ocean background. I tried just a few points toward Magenta on the green slider, and a few points toward the Red slider, and the result looked pleasing to me, But maybe not how you saw it.

John Mack
10-26-2018, 04:55 PM
Looking pretty good. Nice pose and a killer background here. Like the color of those legs.

David Cowling
10-27-2018, 11:01 AM
Beautiful Jonathan. Bird well captured, great perch and background. Lovely feather detail. Only minus for me is that to my eye the tail is slightly soft.

Arthur Morris
11-03-2018, 02:54 PM
What month? I'd guess early fall ...

am

Jonathan Ashton
11-04-2018, 02:47 AM
Thanks for your comments everyone. That tail is soft because it was windy and the bird was struggling to keep still. The image was taken in mid to late October.

Arthur Morris
11-04-2018, 09:30 AM
Thanks Jon. As I suspected as the bird is in first winter plumage. You've got a nice rock there for sure! As the light is marginally from your left the front third of the bird is darker than the rear two-thirds; opening it up would improve the image.

with love, artie

arash_hazeghi
11-05-2018, 11:49 AM
I like the pose on this one much better but the image looks quite dark on my scree and the visible noise on the head and the BG jumps at me on my screen.

TFS

Jonathan Ashton
11-05-2018, 04:36 PM
I like the pose on this one much better but the image looks quite dark on my scree and the visible noise on the head and the BG jumps at me on my screen.

TFS

Thanks for letting me know, it's good to see differing opinions, I do generally use a little NR at higher ISO.