PDA

View Full Version : Rock Hopper portrait

Andreas Liedmann
03-05-2020, 12:46 PM
Hi folks ... digging through old files .

Image taken on the Falklands in 2012 .

Canon EOS 1D MK IV
EF 500 IS L
HH

F 5,6 ; Iso 640 ; 1/2000 sec ; aperture priority and ETTR

Processed with DPP 4 and PSCC 2020 ; slightly cropped from top and LHS ; a bit more DOF would have not hurt as the bill is not sharp to the tip

Thanks for looking and commenting to previous postings

Cheers Andreas

Stu Bowie
03-05-2020, 01:26 PM
Hi Andreas, excellent exposure in both the whites and darks, and that eye is special. Focus is spot on where it should be, and lovely smooth BG.

Jonathan Ashton
03-05-2020, 04:22 PM
Superb Andreas, colours and details are excellent. DOF is adequate for me though I did think the bill tip is a little soft....but does that really matter,(??) ... the eye is pin sharp.
(Hey before you ask - no - happy with colour version!!!)

John Mack
03-05-2020, 04:27 PM
Love the hair do. Framing is nice as is the detail. I think i can see you in the eye. Sharp right on the eye where it matters.

Dorian Anderson
03-05-2020, 07:28 PM
Excellent portrait. The details are outstanding. Sure the bill tip isn't perfectly in-focus, but our attention goes right to the eye anyway. I really like the very close crop and placement in the frame. Looks very
approachable given your reflection in the eye. A dream destination, for sure.

dankearl
03-05-2020, 11:33 PM
Great species and I would love to see one.... Everything looks good, I wish it had angled its head
to avoid the eye shadow but a minor detail.

gail bisson
03-07-2020, 10:14 AM
Very nice portrait. I think I can see you in the eye reflection.
Great exposure on the blacks and whites.
Like Dan, I wish his head had been angled a little bit more to eliminate the shadow in the eye but still a beautiful portrait.
I do not mind the bill being out of the DOF.
It is my dream to go to Falklands and South Georgia!!
Gail