Juvenile Red-shouldered Hawk

BirdPhotographers.net

Help Support BirdPhotographers.net:

Joseph Przybyla

BPN Member
Circle B Bar 2018_05_24--92-Edit.JPG

I captured this image at Circle B Bar Reserve in Polk County, Florida. Comments and critique welcomed and appreciated. Thank you for viewing.

Nikon D500
Nikon 80-400mm F/4.5-5.6 VRII AF-S ED, camera and lens supported by a monopod
1/2000 F/8 Matrix Metering EV +2/3 ISO 720 Auto ! WB, image captured at 400mm
Post processed in Lightroom Classic, Photoshop CC 2020 and Neat Image for noise reduction
Cropped for composition and presenatation

Joe:

I like the pose, perch, open bill, exposure. I had the same impression as Krishna about the sharpness of the head. Bill seems fine, but the feathers on the head seem to smooth. Where was your focus point positioned?

Cheers

Randy

Untitled-1.jpg

Joe:

I like the pose, perch, open bill, exposure. I had the same impression as Krishna about the sharpness of the head. Bill seems fine, but the feathers on the head seem to smooth. Where was your focus point positioned?

Cheers

Randy

Hi Randy, thank you for viewing and commenting. The active focus point was up on the shoulder/lower head area. I think that F/8 would cover both the head and feet with adequate depth of field. Here is a screen capture showing where the active focus point was. Maybe smooth soft feathers?

Joe:

Thanks for posting your focus point. Yes, some feathers are softer than others for sure, but the eye is also a bit soft, so am not sure if that is the explanation here. Certainly fast enough shutter speed that you would not expect any motion blur.

Randy

Latest posts

Back