PDA

View Full Version : Cardinal landing

Kurt Bowman
07-09-2022, 08:01 AM
Another image from the setup at Santa Clara Ranch. Wish I had a bit more SS on this image, but I still think the slight motion in the wings works. Was an overcast morning.
Sony A1
200-600mm
1/1600 at f/6.3
ISO 3200

Randy Stout
07-09-2022, 09:21 AM
Kurt:

Very dramatic, soft light very nice, like the composition. Good angle in the frame. Catch light.

I am fine with the wing blur, strong sense of motion. I do wish the beak was a bit sharper.

Could see a very subtle crop from each side, to further strengthen the diagonal composition in the frame, but fine as is.

Randy

Daniel Cadieux
07-09-2022, 04:09 PM
Talk about a look of concentration on the cardinal's face! You could soften the stronger BG lines around the foot. I love the image design - just enough "perch" and foliage showing, and the incoming pose is pretty cool.

Ramon Reyes
07-09-2022, 08:52 PM
Nice 'landing' shot Kurt. I second Daniel's comment about the lines below the feet.

Thank you for sharing.
Ramon

Jonathan Ashton
07-11-2022, 02:07 AM
Super shot, the eyes and feet are really sharp, I like the soft wing tips. I would consider warming the colours slightly, I think it makes quite a positive difference.

Andreas Liedmann
07-11-2022, 07:33 AM
hi Kurt , pretty cool landing pose image .
for the most part I would not change a thing , I would just keep an eye on the fringe/halo on the top of the head . And I would change the wb selectively ... just my take .
a real pleasure t look at

tfs A

William Dickson
07-12-2022, 01:10 PM
Well captured Kurt.....Very nice and eye catching image......Fab flight pose and facial expression....If anything I would try a wee bit warmer.....

Well done.

Will