PDA

View Full Version : My memoir is finally done!

Dorian Anderson
07-07-2023, 06:17 PM
After several years of blood, sweat, and tears beyond what it took to conquer my alcoholism and bike 18,000 miles around the United States,
I am exceptionally proud to report that my book is finished. Rather than rehash everything that's already on Amazon, I'll offer the following link
and let you explore for yourself. In a nutshell, I spent a year biking around the US in search of birds (the country's first bicycle Big Year), and that
amazing adventure gave me the headspace and perspective to digest my former abuse of alcohol and drugs, most notable cocaine. Irrespective
of those details, it's a **** of a story! The publisher helped me round the narrative into shape, and I think it will appeal to many on this board.

IMPORTANTLY - the book is in preorder now and will be released on November 2nd. If you are thinking of ordering this, PLEASE DO IT RIGHT NOW!
Bookstores and other retailers use the preorder numbers to make larger, bulk purchases after the release date, so one sale now will likely turn into
ten down the line.

Otherwise, I'm home for five days between Newfoundland and Peru. I'll try to edit and share a a few photos, but I'm pretty pressed for time this week.

OK, here's the link. Cheers!

https://www.amazon.com/Birding-Under-Influence-Cycling-Recovery/dp/1645022234

Colin Driscoll
07-08-2023, 07:36 AM
Congrats on the book and personal achievements, Dorian. Order placed.

kevin Hice
07-08-2023, 09:06 AM
Dorian Congratulations and keep moving forward. I had no idea of your struggles. I think we all have someone in our lives with issues. I was in the Turtle Mountains last week. I know you would really appreciate lots of warblers it is a special place. Book ordered.
Feel free to contact me any time.

Daniel Cadieux
07-13-2023, 11:13 AM
Awesome stuff Dorian. You sound proud of the achievement, and you should be. I'll go ahead and "sticky" it at the top for a while. Looking forward to reading your journey.

arash_hazeghi
08-30-2023, 01:43 AM
thanks Dorian, looking forward to reading it.

Gabriela Plesea
08-30-2023, 08:57 AM
Congratulations, Dorian!
An amazing journey and a stunning book, I am sure:5
So looking forward to reading it:S3:

Kind regards,