PDA

View Full Version : 100% Concetration

Ramon M. Casares
07-19-2008, 11:40 PM
Hi everytbody! Today in want to share one of the shots I got in Islamorada, I didn't know where to go so I just played with the birds arround. This one, I would've loved a slighlty better head turn, but she was not going to do it and I couldn't move as in the BG there were two poles that would've gotten in the frame if I had changed my possition. Still, I love the light and situation very much, I was going for this exact shot but with the fish, but the moment she got it, she moved hehee.. next time I guess. Enjoy!

20D+70-200mm 2.8+2X
Tv 1/640
Av f8.0
Iso 400
Handheld
Full frame (except for a little rotation)

C&C are always and very Welcome!

Fernando Cerra
07-19-2008, 11:48 PM
Muy buena foto Ramón, felicidades, transmite lo que dice el título, ademas me gusta la luz !

WIlliam Maroldo
07-20-2008, 12:56 AM
Islamorada? If your referring to the Florida Keys, I loved it there. I used to scuba dive off the 7 mile bridge. In any case, I like your image a lot. The problem I've had taking such a shot is that usually the neck isn't bent like in your image and a long snakey neck doesn't make such a good composition. The back lighting is good as well, though I would have liked it a little stronger to get the bill "glowing" more. (It is sort of transparent, and a strong back-light makes it look cool). Nonetheless I think you did an excellent job!

Grady Weed
07-20-2008, 01:51 AM
I liike the rim light and the smooth background color.

Paul Pagano
07-20-2008, 12:32 PM
I like this at lot with the retrospective sort of look on the egret--and the light makes the image seem quite intimate. Looks like there is some posterization in the bg. (an easy fix)

David Billingsley
07-20-2008, 05:22 PM
I really like this shot. The pose and light on/through the bill is great.

Have a blessed day - dave b.