PDA

View Full Version : Semipalmated Plover 2

Ed Vatza
09-14-2008, 08:02 PM
Image made this morning at the salt pond, North Beach, Sandy Hook (NJ). OK I forgot to vacuum the beach before starting to make images. :)

Canon 30D; Canon 300mm f/2.8L IS with Canon 2x TC; Handheld

1/800 sec @ f/7.1; ISO 320; +1/3 EV; Focal length 600mm (960mm equivalent)

Axel Hildebrandt
09-14-2008, 10:32 PM
Very nice find and details. I wish for a bit more head turn and it needs some CW rotation. A lower angle would have helped with the BG.

Ed Vatza
09-15-2008, 05:23 AM
Very nice find and details. I wish for a bit more head turn and it needs some CW rotation. A lower angle would have helped with the BG.

Thanks Axel. It was a mess yesterday at Sandy Hook. A woman's triathlon really tied things up there. We couldn't even get up to the Fisherman's Trail Parking area. We had to stop short and park in another lot and walk out to the Atlantic and then up and around the point to the tidal pond and bayside where we met last week.

I noticed the need for CW rotation after I posted the image. So I am posting a correction here. Lower angle wasn't really possible here. Why? Because, I was on my knees, hunkered down as much as I can with this big body and I was actually hunkered down in the tidal pool. :D

Axel Hildebrandt
09-15-2008, 05:41 AM
The repost looks better. Assuming it was sunny, maybe you could raise the color temperature a few degrees.

Sounds like quite a walk. :)