PDA

View Full Version : Canyon Wren

Mark Schmitt
11-20-2008, 10:30 PM
Not an easy bird to get images of. They can be heard without any problems: just not easy to see. This is not the ideal setting. I croped into the center because of the fisure in the rock (they aren't called canyon wrens for nothing, they are seldom away from rocks). I blured the fisure and rock even more to create dimension in the head of the bird. There could be a little better head turn, but the eye is still prominent. The tail is the main feature of the bird, along with the cryptic patterns in the plumage.

EXIF
Camera: Canon 20D
Lense: Canon EF 500 IS L / f 4.0
Mode: Manual
Metering: Pattern
Exposure: 1/320 @ f 4.0: no compensation
ISO 200
White Bal.: custom 5000 K
Monopod

Ramon M. Casares
11-20-2008, 10:35 PM
I like it! Love how one can enjoy all the plumage design and the bird's attitude is great, BG and perch are not ideal IMO as the bird kind of gets lost, but that is probalby the bird's idea :) as you said, they aren't called canyon wrens for nothing. Congratulations! The tail is the main attraction here IMO!

Axel Hildebrandt
11-20-2008, 10:39 PM
I actually like the setting as it shows how well camouflaged the bird is. I also like the singing pose, details and fanned tail and agree that the head angle could be better.

Glenn Bartley
11-20-2008, 10:43 PM
Great setting and pose. A bird I have yet to see..

Fabs Forns
11-20-2008, 11:35 PM
Very interesting habitat and great posse. Thanks for sharing this one!

John Ippolito
11-21-2008, 07:48 PM
This is the best photo of this common yet wary bird that I have seen. The tail is a big plus here.