PDA

View Full Version : Berry Eater

RR Donavan
12-17-2008, 10:25 AM
This is one of hundreds of images made of bluebirds by attracting them to my setup with wild berries. If I were a better photographer and had better Photoshop skills, I could made some wonderful images. That said, it's still fun! fun! fun!

C & C welcome.

1DmkII, 500mm, 1/125, f8, ISO 640

Aidan Briggs
12-17-2008, 10:38 AM
Nice comp, and pose here. Some flash would be VERY helpful here, as you could give this image a lot more pop, and increase your shutter speed.

Manos Papadomanolakis
12-17-2008, 11:15 AM
I Iike the action,blur wings and the bg`s color
my only nit is that the head looks a bit soft!

Steve Maxson
12-17-2008, 11:16 AM
I was thinking the same thing as Aiden. Enough shutter speed to keep the head and berries sharp would make this image outstanding.

Arthur Morris
12-17-2008, 02:15 PM
Lovely image. Especially like the careful framing/crop. In ABP II I think that I wrote something like this: If you have a wonderful image that is just not critically sharp (good work by the posters above noting that), a contrast mask may be just what the doctor ordered.
For the repost I did some Eye Doctor work, selected the face with a QM and ran a contrast mask on that (Filter/Sharpen/Unsharp Mask 15/65/1 to start and then increase as needed), and finished up by eliminating some of the dark lumps in the BKGR with the Patch Tool ad the Clone Stamp.
Let me know if you think that it helped give the appearance of being more sharp.

RR Donavan
12-17-2008, 10:11 PM
Let me know if you think that it helped give the appearance of being more sharp.

Thanks for taking the time to work on my image Artie. It does look sharper. I really need help with PS. I have your Digital Basics, but in order to improve my PS skills, an old dog like me needs more help ..... like a private tutor.:)

Thanks again,

Roy

Arthur Morris
12-21-2008, 02:25 PM
Thanks for taking the time to work on my image Artie. It does look sharper. I really need help with PS. I have your Digital Basics, but in order to improve my PS skills, an old dog like me needs more help ..... like a private tutor.:) Thanks again, Roy

Hi Roy,

You are welcome. Everything that I mentioned above is in the latest Digital Basics; it's just a matter of reading along with the recipes. Barring that, Roberet O'Toole does lots of Photoshop tutoring.