PDA

View Full Version : Oystercatcher

Attila Seprenyi
10-17-2009, 06:11 AM
This is one of my older image was taken on Ĺland. Ĺland is a island group belongs to Finland.
Canon 350D + EF400 5.6L
1/60sec
f/8
ISO400
beanbag
C&C are welcome

Miklós Ónodi
10-17-2009, 06:58 AM
Ezt már láttam! Azt hiszem akkor is nagyon tetszett! :)

Great composition, bg and light. I also like the mood.

<link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CNODIMI%7E1%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5 Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:HyphenationZone>21</w:HyphenationZone> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:Verdana; panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4; mso-font-charset:238; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:536871559 0 0 0 415 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0cm; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} a:link, span.MsoHyperlink {color:blue; text-decoration:underline; text-underline:single;} a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed {color:#017E39; text-decoration:underline; text-underline:single;} @page Section1 {size:612.0pt 792.0pt; margin:70.85pt 70.85pt 70.85pt 70.85pt; mso-header-margin:35.4pt; mso-footer-margin:35.4pt; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Normál táblázat"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:shapedefaults v:ext="edit" spidmax="1026"/> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:shapelayout v:ext="edit"> <o:idmap v:ext="edit" data="1"/> </o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--> Miklós

BirdPhotographyHungary (http://birdphotography.hu/)<o></o>

Marina Scarr
10-17-2009, 10:41 AM
Love the environment you have included with this image, and the colors just pop. It's great how the light is only hitting to really give it emphasis.

Harshad Barve
10-17-2009, 10:45 AM
very beautiful image with nice compo , bird pops out of frame
TFS

Tony Whitehead
10-17-2009, 02:06 PM
Warm side light highlights the OC well against that nice cool BG. I might consider a small sliver off the bottom to reduce (but not remove) the impact of the white rocks.

Bill Dix
10-17-2009, 02:27 PM
Wonderful light and comp. Were it mine (and I wish it were) I might take a stab at toning down the white horizontal surf line just a bit.

Phil Ertel
10-17-2009, 06:11 PM
Hi Attila, I like the composition. Keeping the bird smallish in frame and including the habitat I think works nicely here. Nice light and a decent head angle. If you haven't already tried I might try and see If some more detail could be pulled out of the blacks. I also agree with Bill that toning down the white lines in the background might be beneficial. Thanks for sharing.

Attila Seprenyi
10-18-2009, 08:57 AM
Thank you for looking and all advices. I am going to try pull down the white line on the BG. Köszi Miklos!

Ákos Lumnitzer
10-19-2009, 02:40 PM
Szia Attila

This is the type of image I can see in a National Geographic article for sure. Gives a perfect representation of the vast space around the bird and the small spot of light illuminating is wonderful and gives it a lot of warmth that the otherwise cold landscape surrounding it projects.

If it were mine, I would consider a slight CCW rotation, I find the bright line off the straight. If you can see what I am saying.

Thanks for sharing. Great to see some of your works! :)

Attila Seprenyi
10-20-2009, 10:48 AM
Hi Akos!
Thank you for your kind words. In fact i have done a slight rotation to the other direction you mentioned. Maybe it was meaningless becouse the original wes straight?!:confused: I should have taken the white line away and it would not have been visible:D but out of joke you might be right but it is slight as you mentioned. Thank you anyway!