PDA

View Full Version : Sulphur-crested cockatoo

Thonnaksar NOP
02-15-2008, 12:56 AM
My favourite cockatoo in flight...
Captured at Sydney Harbour National Park, from a cliff.

D2Hs, 70-200 VR, 1/2500", f/4, @200mm, ISO 400

Rosl Roessner
02-15-2008, 01:06 AM
Hi Thonnaksar,
you've got a really sherp image of the bird. Well done with exposure!
The only thing that's disturbing is the shadow from the right wing over neck and breast. May be an other wing position would have been better? But I don't think so, because the wing actually is at it's lowest position. The sun should be in an other angle.....

But I like the picture as its is.

John Cooper
02-15-2008, 02:22 AM
Hi Thonnaksar, You did very well capturing a sharp image of this Sulphur-crested in flight!!
If the wings had been raised with this angle of light you would have a winner!! But great effort - keep them coming!

Chris van Rooyen
02-15-2008, 03:48 AM
Fantastic sharpness and exposure. Ditto above on the shadow but still a great image. Love the wind through the crest!

edward saltau
02-15-2008, 04:19 AM
i love this! you should speech bubble in i reckon because he's talking to you man! These guys are everywhere but really hard to photograph well i think. you've done really well.
I'd like to see a more OOF background. perhaps use a guassian blur?

Thonnaksar NOP
02-15-2008, 04:51 AM
Hi Thonnaksar, You did very well capturing a sharp image of this Sulphur-crested in flight!!
If the wings had been raised with this angle of light you would have a winner!! But great effort - keep them coming!
Unfortunately, this is the only shot I've got that day. Ideally I'd love to have different wings positions but that moment my camera decided to take this posture !:) (it was set to fire 8 fps though).

Axel Hildebrandt
02-15-2008, 01:35 PM
Great pose and details. The light angle is not ideal and the BG is a bit busy. I would also prefer a bit more room around the bird. I really like the raised crest.