Another Canada goose

BirdPhotographers.net

Help Support BirdPhotographers.net:

Kaustubh Deshpande

BPN Member
10332892-lg.jpg

I liked the toothpick :)

40D. 400 f/5.6. iso 400. f/6.3. 1/1600. exp. comp +1/3.

Should I tone it down a bit? grass a little too bright?

All opinions welcome.

I guess the goose is on vacation. :) Interesting setting, good sharhalpness and the 'toothpick' adds to it. The grass does look a bit bright, and it must be quite high considering that only half of the leg is visible. Maybe a bit more room at the bottom for the virtual leg? Does it need a bit CW rotation?

Axel, I have already done some CW rotation....but hard to tell what would be considered 'leveled' in this. I dont have a spirit level. The ground was sloping. But I can see why a little CW rotation will help. This is close to full frame. I'll go back to the orig file and see if I can do some rotation and still have some more room below. Thanks a ton.

Kiran, I think why Axel suggested rotation is because it will look better if the eye is in perfect vertical line with the front leg. I agree with that. But since the ground was sloping and the goose walking, its hard to say what the real "levelled" would be. I use the viewfinder screen with the grid lines...which did not help here at all :)

Latest posts

Back