PDA

View Full Version : Burrowing Owl

Oscar Zangroniz
04-11-2010, 08:35 PM
From late this afternoon with some great friends, Al, Fabs Richard at Bryan Piccolo park in Davie. Although it rain most of the afternoon we were able to get lots of shots as they posed under the rain.

Nikon D300s
Nikon 500mm F4 vr w/ 1.4tc @ 700mm
F5.6
1/320
ISO 1000
Aperture Priority
Exposure comp @ +1/3
Tripod support

Lance Peters
04-11-2010, 08:40 PM
Hi Oz - lovely, BG is very nice, like the pose and the intense stare. Love those eyes - a little more sharpening to them maybe?

Now if you had the D3S - would have pushed that ISO up some more and added a little more DOF so that the foot was in focus as well. (Might not have been possible -not sure how far away you were etc) ;)

Good show :)

Alfred Forns
04-11-2010, 08:55 PM
Good looking bird Oz and sure was nice shooting with you !!

Agree with Lance on giving it an extra sharpening pass ! At least we got to shoot some :) Will be a good place for chicks later on !!

Oscar Zangroniz
04-11-2010, 09:14 PM
Hi Oz - lovely, BG is very nice, like the pose and the intense stare. Love those eyes - a little more sharpening to them maybe?

Now if you had the D3S - would have pushed that ISO up some more and added a little more DOF so that the foot was in focus as well. (Might not have been possible -not sure how far away you were etc) ;)

Good show :)

Hey Lance, D3s will be on order soon, I'm just waiting to see if Nikon is finally coming out with a 120-450 zoom or something like that. I actually took some shots with the D3 after the rain had slowed down, will post later.

Later.

Troy Lim
04-11-2010, 10:03 PM
Love the eye contact. Great BG.
I need to bring my camera next time I play Bryan Piccolo softball field. Been there several times, only saw the marker for the nest, never saw them.

Dave Mills
04-12-2010, 08:41 AM
Hi Lance, Good comments above but overall a pleasing image...

Harold Davis
04-12-2010, 04:31 PM
i like the warmth in this one. just the extra sharpening as mentioned. these guys can stare you down!!!