PDA

View Full Version : Snowy Stride

Myer Bornstein
05-03-2010, 06:41 PM
After leaving West Virgina, I decided to stop at Bombay Hook NWR in Delaware on the way home. I finally got to try my new 500mm f4 Nikon lens. It was to heavy to take on the bus trips that we did in WV. This picture was taken in the car, utilizing the 1.4x TC and resting the lens and camera on a BLUBB. Camera was a D300. Picture adjusted in PS since my white balance in the camera was set on cool, which I did not know.
700mm
1050mm (in 35mm film)
1/1000 sec, f/8
Mode: Manual
Metering: Multi-segment
ISO: 800
AF mode: AF-C

Don Lacy
05-03-2010, 06:56 PM
Hi Myer, Nice action with the raised foot coming out of the water and the image is sharp. I would prefer the Snowy was not so close to the right edge of the frame as this composition has him running out of the image most image are more successful if you give the subject room to run into the image. Also on my monitor the image is a little dark.

Myer Bornstein
05-03-2010, 07:01 PM
Don
Thanks for the comments. On my laptop the image seems OK but I will see how it looks when I get home. My info on how to extend the canvas is at home and I agree it needs additional canvas and will add it also when I arrive home later this week

Myer Bornstein
05-07-2010, 07:32 AM
here is the photo with canvas added