PDA

View Full Version : Another from the road

Jim Poor
03-14-2008, 10:59 AM
Still busy, and still lovin' it.
EXIF is in the file.

D3, 600/f4 + TC 1.4

I may need to check the color on the main monitor when I get home. What does it look like on your calibrated desktops?

Oops. I missed.

peter delaney
03-14-2008, 11:15 AM
HI Jim
Glad you are enjoying your trip.....
Seems the light was against you.....looks a bit flat... for me the vertical crop is crowding the subject too much ..wud work better as a landscape.... the BG needs a slight rotation....

colours are good ...subject is sharp and exposure handled well... if you were closer a flash wud have really helped....

thanks for sharing....

Jim Poor
03-14-2008, 11:20 AM
Thanks, I have some landscapes of this same bird and shell. We were flash free that day, so . . .

If I were any closer, I couldn't have focused, but since I was laying in the sand I didn't want to mess with removing the TC. I'll see what I can do about the light later.

Thanks again,
Jim

Bill Foxworthy
03-14-2008, 11:36 AM
Nice one Jim. Looks like we are finding the same type bird. Hope you are enjoying your stay!

Arthur Morris
03-14-2008, 03:59 PM
Love the shell with the shells on it. Vertical is perfect here... The shaded side looks a bit dark. Some flash would have really popped it but you should be able to make it look better by brightening the mid tones. See you Sunday afternoon!

later and love, artie

Jim Poor
03-14-2008, 04:03 PM
Thanks Artie. Looking forward to it :D

Steve Ashton
03-14-2008, 04:06 PM
Love the vertical crop but would love to see a landscape version to compare also love that little head tilt. Just looks a shade tad on my screen but sure this will pop with a little work when you get home. Nice work

Gayle Clement
03-14-2008, 04:28 PM
I love the pose and the shells. Lightening up this a bit may help.

Axel Hildebrandt
03-14-2008, 08:26 PM
I like the action, composition and BG. Too bad it was a 'flash free' day. :)