Eurasian Nuthatch (Sitta europaea)

BirdPhotographers.net

Help Support BirdPhotographers.net:

Humberto Ramos

sittaeuropea800px.jpg

just a small crop (5-10%) and sharp after resized...

Exif:
Canon EOS 7D
Canon 100-400mm L Is USM
Exposição 1/800
Abertura f/5.6
ISO 400
S/ flash
Metering Mode: Spot
400 mm

Critics welcome!!!:e3

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Humberto, not sure why your image did not show properly. There was a link to it...did you use the "Manage Attachchments" button? Anyhow, I've fixed it for you...before posting always click "preview" to make sure all will be good:S3:

I like the nuthatch itself...sharp as posted with lots of details. Perhaqps a bit light. I also like the open bill. Bg is awesome - great colour and hues of green. I'm not crazy about this guy perching so far behind the trunk though. This has hidden a good chunk of its body, and the tree is rendered completely OOF by being way out of DOF range. I'm sure you didn't have time to move left, so it was just a matter of hoping this guy perched more on this side of the tree.

Great bird. Smooth BG with great color. Love the open bill and the bird's tongue, and the bird is nice and sharp. I like the patters on the tree. My first thought was that I found the tree trunk very distracting. Upon closer examination, I really like the fact that this is a different perspective.

Hey Humberto, not sure why your image did not show properly. There was a link to it...did you use the "Manage Attachchments" button? Anyhow, I've fixed it for you...before posting always click "preview" to make sure all will be good:S3:

I like the nuthatch itself...sharp as posted with lots of details. Perhaqps a bit light. I also like the open bill. Bg is awesome - great colour and hues of green. I'm not crazy about this guy perching so far behind the trunk though. This has hidden a good chunk of its body, and the tree is rendered completely OOF by being way out of DOF range. I'm sure you didn't have time to move left, so it was just a matter of hoping this guy perched more on this side of the tree.

Thanks for editing the image for me Daniel...

About the perch, the perch is from a tree, that in Portugal we call "sobreiro", and in this case, it has about 10cm radii, so I think that for the perch to be on DOF, I would need something like an F/11 at least, the shot was taken at 3 or 4 meter, with an f/11 the BG wouldn't be the same...
Just a curiosity, many people makes "use" of this tree bark, but almost anyone knows where. In Portugal and Spain, in each nine year, the bark is remove from the tree, to produce cork's for wine bottles and other material, its natural, and don't make no arm to the tree, the tree is called Cork Oak...
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quercus_suber)

Great bird. Smooth BG with great color. Love the open bill and the bird's tongue, and the bird is nice and sharp. I like the patters on the tree. My first thought was that I found the tree trunk very distracting. Upon closer examination, I really like the fact that this is a different perspective.

Thanks Marina, that's the reason why I posted the image...:e3

Latest posts

Back