PDA

View Full Version : Sunset Mallard

Indranil Sircar
04-12-2011, 01:57 PM
This one is a blur! I used 1/15 sec @f/7.1 to get the effect. Minimal processing - adjustment layers for selective colors and saturation. Initially I was not very happy with the overlap. But with the fg (LL) mallard being in focus, thought it may still work! What you think?

Andrew McLachlan
04-12-2011, 04:14 PM
Indranil I agree that it would have been nice without the overlap, but the lower drake's eye is sharp enough and the bill is clearly defined among the hen's blurred wings so I think it still works. Love the lighting.:S3:

denise ippolito
04-12-2011, 09:08 PM
I like the amount of blur and the overlap is OK with me. I might de-saturate the yellow just a hair, I'm not sure the more I look at it the more I'm fine w/ the yellows:2

Kerry Perkins
04-12-2011, 10:15 PM
An interesting blur Indranil, and the colors are great. I like how the light plays on the ducks and the background echoes those colors. Don't mind the placement of the birds, it's kind of nice actually. Sure is some furious flapping! :c3:

Judy Howle
04-13-2011, 07:46 AM
I have no problem with the overlap. I like the warm glow and the background and blur on the ducks are very nice.

Richard Lovison
04-13-2011, 11:42 AM
Indranil,

I like the colors and composition. The blur is also pleasing though I do wish the blurred head of the bottom right bird was closer to the look of the other two. Nicely done.

Richard

Indranil Sircar
04-13-2011, 09:00 PM
Thanks all. Appreciate it a lot.