PDA

View Full Version : Yellow Crown N Heron w Crab

Michael Stern
04-02-2008, 03:46 PM
Hi
This image was taken on a gray overcast about to rain day at Matheson Hammock Park, South Miami, Florida and the original BG was slate grey monotoned blah yuk (tech terms) with the "greyish" bird that I applied my new NikColor Filter program to and well you never know!!! I tried blue filters etc. and thought this one worked best. Also added canvas to the bottom. I hope you like it as much as I do!!!
Best to All !!
(Wish I had time to post more images!!)
:)
Michael

Axel Hildebrandt
04-02-2008, 03:55 PM
Nice find, light and moment captured. I wish for a lower angle and more room at the bottom for the virtual foot. It looks a bit soft on my monitor and it needs CW rotation. A bit more head turn toward you would have been great.

Michael Stern
04-02-2008, 04:01 PM
Hi Alex,
This image was taken over and between some mangroves plants and as much as I begged he would NOT turn his head my way. Must be some kind of bird school these guys go to that keep them from giving you much! In any case I REALLY appreciate your comments as it really will help me think more about angles etc. What is CW rotation?
Best,
Michael

Axel Hildebrandt
04-02-2008, 04:04 PM
Hi Alex,
This image was taken over and between some mangroves plants and as much as I begged he would NOT turn his head my way. Must be some kind of bird school these guys go to that keep them from giving you much! In any case I REALLY appreciate your comments as it really will help me think more about angles etc. What is CW rotation?
Best,
Michael

Sorry about the acronym, it means clockwise rotation. Lower angles usually help to get a clean background, which is not an issue in this image. Anyways, the little crab adds a lot to the image.