PDA

View Full Version : The River Tern in Flight

Kiran Poonacha
01-09-2012, 11:17 AM
It was quite a task to get focus on these speedsters.

Spec: 1/1600, F 5.6, ISO 800 -1/3.

MK4+500mm+1.4TC

Regards,

Kiran.

Mital Patel
01-09-2012, 11:26 AM
bhai i am really happy to see this. indeed a task to freeze. But for me it is a task for sure to get in perfect pose with perfect light which is here seen.

A perfectionist shot.

Sachin Saraf
01-09-2012, 11:32 AM
Excellent as always...Sharp, beautiful Bg,details in Whites & blacks and composition...everything is superb.

Stu Bowie
01-09-2012, 11:41 AM
Hi Kiran bhai, I like the flight posture, well exposed, especially on the head, as their eyes tend to get hidden in the black plumage. Nice and sharp against a cool BG. Well captured.

Kaustubh Deshpande
01-09-2012, 11:43 AM
Everyone's on a roll. stunning set of images in the past couple of days.

loved this one, Kiran. perfect subject angle, shooting angle and sweet BG. You nailed the wing position. I love sharp wing tips...this is great.

Melissa Groo
01-09-2012, 12:20 PM
Almost hard to believe this is a photograph. Looks like a painting or drawing, it's so perfect. Fantastic job, Kiran, the sharpness is killer. Light and BG are wonderful.

Mark Itol
01-09-2012, 12:22 PM
Hi Kiran. Excellent exposure on both whites and blacks. I like how the eye stood out from the black head plumage as Stuart mentioned. Great detail, sweet creamy background, and superb wing position. If anything, perhaps correcting the bluish cast on the shaded left wing to make it look more natural.

Craig Kerr
01-09-2012, 12:29 PM
Your exposure is excellent with detail, background and pose creating a beautiful image. Wonderful action and wing angle

Bill Dix
01-09-2012, 03:21 PM
Superb shot in all respects, as noted above. I particularly like the fact that you got the split tail. There is some blue cast even on the near wing, which could be corrected if you were so inclined. But since I don't know the bird, or the lighting conditions under which you captured him, this may be an accurate representation. And a fine shot in any event.

gail bisson
01-09-2012, 04:10 PM
Agree with Bill. Is the bird a bit blue or is this a blue cast.Great BG. The amazing sharpness and easily visible eye are excellent,
Gail

Morkel Erasmus
01-09-2012, 04:47 PM
You nailed this Kiranbhai! No other words. Love viewing this image...:5

Doug Brown
01-09-2012, 05:00 PM
Beautiful sharpness, wing position, and BG. The head is angled slightly away, and the whites look like they could be pushed another 1/3 or 1/2 stop to the right.

arash_hazeghi
01-09-2012, 05:09 PM
awesome pose and details. love the BG. I also see whites as grey and the Tern head/eye is really black in real life, I think you brightened those areas a bit too much. otherwise lovely shot!

Carmelo Cannova
01-09-2012, 06:52 PM
Great job and good pose.

Carmelo

Kiran Poonacha
01-10-2012, 07:22 AM
Hi Kiran. Excellent exposure on both whites and blacks. I like how the eye stood out from the black head plumage as Stuart mentioned. Great detail, sweet creamy background, and superb wing position. If anything, perhaps correcting the bluish cast on the shaded left wing to make it look more natural.

Thanks mark, about the blue cast, the bird has that blue ting. But sure will try to reduce it.

Regards,

Kiran.

Kiran Poonacha
01-10-2012, 07:23 AM
awesome pose and details. love the BG. I also see whites as grey and the Tern head/eye is really black in real life, I think you brightened those areas a bit too much. otherwise lovely shot!

Thanks brother, yeah I think I pushed the blacks a bit.

Regards,

Kiran.