Question for Marina

BirdPhotographers.net

Help Support BirdPhotographers.net:

David Smith

Marina....

Do you have any idea when the Fall Migration will start showing up at Fort DeSoto Park.. I'm thinking that it was in early October, but I'm not sure./.

Thanks

Dave Smioth
Bradenton

These were seen and/or photographed at Leffis Key yesterday.

• Orange-crowned Warbler
  • Yellow Warblers (4 or 5)
  • Chestnut-sided Warbler
  • Magnolia Warblers (2)
  • Prarie Warblers (4)
  • Black & White Warblers (6)
  • Worm-eating Warbler
  • Ovenbird
  • Red-Eyed Vireo
Plus the usual suspects ...

• Belted Kingfishers (2)
  • Downy Woodpecker
  • Blue-Gray Gnatcatchers
  • Yellow-crowned Night Heron
  • Magnificent Frigate Birds with puffed out red pouches

Dang Marina.... That is in my own backyard.. Leffis Key is only 6 miles from my house.. As soon as this weather clears, I will have to get out there...

Dave

Update:

There were a few migrants around Fort De Soto Park today. Peregrine Falcon and a Northern Flicker were seen. Flickers do not breed in the park and are only occasionally reported there as a spring or fall migrant – more often in the spring. By noon birders had seen a dozen species of warblers, a couple of Rose-breasted Grosbeaks, Indigo Buntings, Summer and Scarlet Tanagers and also 8-9 Yellow-billed Cuckoos. Most of these bird were in the East Beach Picnic Area and the East Beach Woods.

The picnic area was quiet but a walk along the privet trail produced a male Golden-winged Warbler, several Magnolia Warblers, a late Swainson’s Warbler, a somewhat early Yellow-rumped Warbler and more redstarts than any of the others. In all, 14 species of warblers in the woods today.

Update:

There were a few migrants around Fort De Soto Park today. Peregrine Falcon and a Northern Flicker were seen. Flickers do not breed in the park and are only occasionally reported there as a spring or fall migrant – more often in the spring. By noon birders had seen a dozen species of warblers, a couple of Rose-breasted Grosbeaks, Indigo Buntings, Summer and Scarlet Tanagers and also 8-9 Yellow-billed Cuckoos. Most of these bird were in the East Beach Picnic Area and the East Beach Woods.

The picnic area was quiet but a walk along the privet trail produced a male Golden-winged Warbler, several Magnolia Warblers, a late Swainson’s Warbler, a somewhat early Yellow-rumped Warbler and more redstarts than any of the others. In all, 14 species of warblers in the woods today.

Latest posts

Back