ENP/Wakodahatchee Updates Anyone?

BirdPhotographers.net

Help Support BirdPhotographers.net:

ENP is not good from what I am hearing we have had a very wet winter which means the water levele are high and the birds are not concentrated in any areas. Wakodahatchee has turned into a nice rookery and is not as affected by water levels I will try to get by there in a couple of days and will let you know what I see.

I will be honest i live in SE Florida but do most of my bird photography on the West Coast but I have been seeing some nice images coming out of Wakodahatchee

Wakodahatchee is booming right now. I was there this past monday and there were 4 or 5 great blue heron nests and countless white, snowy and cattle egrets nests. Didn't see any spoonbills but I have heard from folks who tell me that they often come in the afternoon. The water level was higher than normal, so I don't know if the black-necked stilts will have a place to make their nests, but there is a lot of activity there. Check out this Facebook page for current photos taken there (https://www.facebook.com/groups/76391353607/)

Latest posts

Back