Thread: A Pretty Face

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default A Pretty Face

Name:  _O2P6054-as-Smart-Object-1-Recovered-copy.jpg
Views: 97
Size:  193.2 KB

I tried a close up of a Great Egret. The depth of field is really small and the light was low, looking back I wish I had a bit more depth of field. He came very close so there is no crop. The background is a bit distracting, standing water with lots of plants makes for difficult backgrounds.

1DmrkIII, Canon 300/2.8 L IS with x2TCII, F/6.3, ISO640, 1/1000s

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Different! Good detail in the whites and the narrow DOF gives it a unique interest. This might be one for B/W, to emphasize the artistic aspect of the DOF. That should minimize the tan area in the BG which isn't adding to the image.

I might crop a little from the left so the neck doesn't come right to the corner.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi, Dvir

I think this one suffers from the lack of DOF leaving it OOF behind the eye AND the tip of the beak. Maybe a closer crop with just the face/eye in the frame would be interesting.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Dvir, I really like the BG.... more DOF would have helped. I actually don't mind the OOF behind the eye, but the bright OOF bill rather draws my attention away from that FABULOUS eye!
    www.mibirdingnetwork.com .... A place for bird and nature lovers in the Great Lakes area.