Introduction

BirdPhotographers.net

Help Support BirdPhotographers.net:

Jack Dean III

Hello, my name is Jack Dean. Since I was a child I have always enjoyed nature and photography has long been a hobby of mine. I am a shipping and receiving clerk by trade and I live in Northern Kentucky. I love the state that I live in and I am proud to call it home. I have asked to join this group so that I can learn as much as I can. I am a self taught photographer and am always looking to increase my knowledge. Thanks for having me.

This is a Great Blue Heron taken at Kincaid Lake near Falmouth, KY from my john boat.
Handheld
Canon 7d
EF 400mm f/5.6 lens
f/7.1
1/500 sec
ISO 1000

Attachments

• great blue heron.jpg
    great blue heron.jpg
    143.4 KB
Welcome, Jack! What a nice image of a bird in his habitat with prey. I think that 99.99% of the BPN members are self taught and most of us have day jobs, thankfullly :) . We all are constantly learning from both receiving and offering critiques, sharing tips on everything from field to processing. Pop in to the forums and join in the fun. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your work.

Welcome aboard, Jack. From the looks of your gear and image, you are off to a good start on the "self taught" portion. The good news is that you'll learn even more here, and always feel free to ask for advice in any of the forums. Looking forward to seeing more of your images!

Latest posts

Back