DPP 4.6.20 and canons DPP3

BirdPhotographers.net

Help Support BirdPhotographers.net:

Stuart Philpott

Guys I started into wildlife photography with a canon 550D. Obviously at the time DPP4 didn't exist,so all my pics were loaded into DPP3. Now with the latest update to version 4 ie 6.10 my old camera is now supported ,so I can edit all of my precious images in the latest programme. Which is brilliant as it's lightyears better than DPP3. So my question is now that all my images are supported by the lastest incarnate of DPP4 can I simply delete the older version on my computer. Is there any possibility that I might loose older images that were intiially loaded into DPP3 via the EOS utility.

Many thanks in advance for any help,
kind regards

stu

Last edited:
Hi Stu,
you can easily remove the old DPP. Unlike Adobe and other programs that copies your RAW files into nested albums and catalogue folders DPP does not mess up with your RAW files in any way. you can just delete the old one and your images stay where they are

best

Hi Stu,
you can easily remove the old DPP. Unlike Adobe and other programs that copies your RAW files into nested albums and catalogue folders DPP does not mess up with your RAW files in any way. you can just delete the old one and your images stay where they are

best

Hi Arash, thank you very much for the speedy reply,good to know.
It's a real thrill that canon did this,I didn't ever think this would happen, thank Canon!!

cheers

Stu

Latest posts

Back